1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP Envy 14 Wireless Light Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kaltiz, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kaltiz

Kaltiz Thread Starter

I have an Envy 14, there is a function key that allows you to enable and disable the wireless card in the notebook. When enabled a white light should appear, when Disabled an orange. The key enables and disables the card however does not change colour. I am 100% sure that it disables the wireless because I cannot connect to any networks, it than re-enables it aswell. When powering off the laptop the light will turn orange, but this is the only time I have seen it turn orange.

It's a little issue, and with this "top of the line" laptop I would expect it to be pretty flawless. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU       M 520  @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3893 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 1722 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 462877 MB, Free - 351121 MB; D: Total - 13757 MB, Free - 1970 MB; E: Total - 99 MB, Free - 92 MB; 
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1436, KBC Version 59.1E, 1234567890
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Kaltiz

Kaltiz Thread Starter

It is a few weeks old. I have looked for a driver update. No success. The Driver is Dated: 21/01/2010. Ill have a look for a new driver again.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I would update with the same driver - that can help even though not an update a reinstallation - also you could let windows find a driver via windows update - that may help

5. Kaltiz

Kaltiz Thread Starter

I've read that someone had this error but it eventually just fixed itself.
    I downgraded and updated back to the driver, also did a find via windows device manager. 21/01 is the most recent driver.

EDIT: I found the solution here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/493715-official-hp-envy-14-owners-lounge-971.html
    You just needed to reinstall HPQL driver, which I am unsure whether this is an out of the box issue or whether it was me who tried to remove some bloat ware and accidently removed that driver.

Thanks for the help anyway.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y) excellent - thanks for taking the time to lets us know - it will certainly help other with the same problem

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970519

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice