1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP laserjet 3050 all-in-one won't scan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tom2087, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tom2087

tom2087 Thread Starter

When I press the 'Scan To' button on this machine, the digital readout on top of the machine says 'Not setup on PC'. The printer, copier, and fax portion of the machine work fine. I have installed the latest driver updates. (HPUPD50PCL632.exe) But, it still won't scan. I am running Windows XP SP3 with plenty of memory. Thanks for your time, and any suggestions you might have.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Did you install the scanning software on the PC?

Did this ever work or has it been a problem since you purchased the unit?

3. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

You do not have the HP Soloution or a third party scanning program installed on your computer.

4. tom2087

tom2087 Thread Starter

I am doing this for a friend. She said it used to scan. Her sister gave her another computer, and she hooked the all-in-one up to it. She has no software to go with the machine, and I have been unable to find it on the net. What would you suggest? Thanks for your time.

5. dlsayremn

dlsayremn

6. tom2087

tom2087 Thread Starter

Thank you very much. I appreciate everyone's help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/854355