1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP Network Devices Support has stopped working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mindprobe, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mindprobe

mindprobe Thread Starter

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: svchost.exe_HPSLPSVC
    Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Application Timestamp: 4549adc4
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_4581
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000af1c9
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 4581
    Additional Information 2: c434add731de202cc7d7c9444b79787a
    Additional Information 3: a2f2
    Additional Information 4: 71940032bcab434a47cf9274b890419e

Ok - so I'm trying to install an Officejet 7310 over ethernet in Vista Home Premium using the latest HP full network web download software for Vista. The software install goes nicely and can detect the correct printer. But when it tries to install the printer the above windows error message pops up and the printer will not connect and install with the HP software. The software continues to install without any device. The printer has a static IP.

I've posted the complete system in my profile for an in depth look at the hardware I'm using.

1) I can install the printer through windows itself. But this way leaves out the HP software extras like scanning, ink levels, etc...

2) I can hook up to the web interface of the printer and use the scanner that way.

3) When I run the HP add device software it cannot see the printer even when it is already installed in Vista.

4) Vista firewall is completely down.

5) AV software is off.

6) Turned off DEP - still no help.

7) Extensive search of the web shows others with same app crash and no fix.

8) HP online support was no help. They could not fix it.

9) Same printer + XP HP software works fine in XP and XP Media Center on the other computers in the network.

Usually I can fix just about any problem by searching the web but this bugger really has me stumped! Any ideas would be most gratefully appreciated.

TIA,

Al

2. mindprobe

mindprobe Thread Starter

3. mindprobe

mindprobe Thread Starter

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Install the software to the computer you want to access it over the network, then add the printer over the network. The network access will only need a driver.

5. mindprobe

mindprobe Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm a little curious as to why you would bother posting an answer to my question which is NOT an answer? As I stated in my post I have already done what you suggest.... This does not fix the service crash due to the HP software install nor does it install the printer with the HP feature set.

Al

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

I am a little curious why you are looking for help since you know everything.
    Now that that is out of the way here is what you wrote:
    "Ok - so I'm trying to install an Officejet 7310 over ethernet in Vista Home Premium using the latest HP full network web download software for Vista"
    and that says you tried to install the software over the network. I am suggesting you cannot do that and you proved it. What you need to do is not install the software through the network, but first install the software to the actual computer you want to access it over the network, then add the network printer to that pc.

7. mindprobe

mindprobe Thread Starter

Hi,

Again, you have failed to read the post correctly. I did install the software and then tried to add the printer - which the software failed to detect. See #3.

Al

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

9. mindprobe

mindprobe Thread Starter

LOL - OK I appreciate your determination!

Yes, that is the software. The software is installed locally on the computer. The printer is on the network.

Al

10. mindprobe

mindprobe Thread Starter

Hi All,

Here is the fix:

Removed Nvidia Network Access Manager.

HP install went smoothly.

Al

11. scottvk

scottvk

Thank you for taking the time to post your problem and eventual solution. I was having the exact same problem and you saved me a lot of time.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/667034