1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP pavilion a1600n turns on but doesn't display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rabocse, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rabocse

rabocse Thread Starter

Hello guys, I'm new in the forum and I hope that I can help to solve this problem. Today I cleaned up the dust off from a Hp pavillion a1600n and after I finished and put everything back together the computer turn on by itself each time I connect it to the power outlet and will make long beeps but doesn't display anything. I took the memory RAM and make sure that there was not dust on it but it didn't help. I also checked the fans and are working fine. The computer turns on even when I unplug the wires that connects it to the power button. I hope somebody can help me solve this problem, Thank you.

2. tkwincru

tkwincru

If the system is powering on with out the power button, You have wires crossed. Double check the manual and make sure you are putting the front cables on the right pins. You may find you have one crossed and so it is getting continuous power instead of being properly shorted.
    From there double check that you have everything connected correctly. If you need to disconnect and start from scratch. As far as the video is concerned, are you connecting to a video card or to on board video. Either way, check to make sure the card is tight to the motherboard, and that the cable is screwed in tightly. Re-seat the memory and or any cables to the motherboard.

3. rabocse

rabocse Thread Starter

thank you, I found the solution. One of the memory ram slot wasn't working. Once I placed the Ram on a different slot and cleared the cmos the computer worked just fine. Thanks for all the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1044287