1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP Pavilion

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by jethsy, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jethsy

jethsy Thread Starter

My desktop, that is getting ancient (2007) but had worked well, went to black screen a few days ago and a restart didn't help. I thought it was dust build up so I opened it and cleaned it and then it did the same after starting up normally. I couldn't get the screen back, so I went to BIOS and didn't see anything that I thought could help. I did the diagnostic and no errors in the memory, processor or hard drive were shown. I did a system restore to a date before this happened and things are okay right now. Would my running the "log" that is sometimes pasted in questions on here help you know what the problem was/is?
    I would be grateful for any suggestions.

I could do a complete system wipe/resinstall as I've done on computers in past, if that is advisable.

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Nothing tunes up a computer or fixes what may ail it better that a fresh install .. (excluding hardware problems)
    I'd suggest a new HDD and a fresh install of the OS.

2007 ain't old ... I'm still running XP on my Primary Computer and have no plans to change

3. jethsy

jethsy Thread Starter

Thanks so much--now in process of backing up all files! It sure takes forever!
    Will do the clean swipe and fresh install!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!