Solved: HP PhotoSmart C309a on Vista x64 SP2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eXcellon

I have a PS C309a printer connected to my wireless network. I have a Vista x32 laptop and a Vista x64 desktop. Both had the C309a up and running, it may have been with SP1 or even pre-SP1 when they were originally set up and both worked quite well. I uninstalled the printer from the desktop while troubleshooting another problem (which turned out to be the video card). Now I want to reinstall the C309a printer but the program can't find the printer. The laptop is still working fine and I just installed on a friend's laptop (XP) with no problem. I'm thinking the issue may be related to Vista SP2, but before I go to the trouble of uninstalling SP2 I'd like to know if anyone else has run into this. The printer worked fine after SP2 was installed.

try installing the printer while hardwired to the desktop to determine if its the computer or the network and the computer

eXcellon

One of the reasons I have the printer connected to my wireless network is that it is not located anywhere close to any of my computers. I could have temporarily moved the printer close enough to the computer and connected it using the USB cable, but that wouldn't resolve the real problem.

Since I was able to connect another computer using the wireless network that ruled out the wireless network itself and it ruled out the printer, pointing back to the one computer. While I was able to connect to the network with this computer, the problem appeared to be network related, so I decided to look for a new driver for the onboard Intel PRO/100 VE. I found one and when I tried to install it the software said there were no Intel adapters found. I found this strange since device manager showed it as an Intel PRO/100 VE and the system documentation also indicated it's an Intel PRO/100 VE.

I tried uninstalling the network adapter, rebooting and letting Windows find and install it again, but the problem persisted. I ended up reinstalling Windows. Problem solved. I'm sure there must be another way I could have accomplished this short of reinstalling Windows, but I have work to do and the downtime I already experienced was too much.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts