1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP Photosmart C4100 printer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Cheryl, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

I am running Vista OS. I have an HP Photosmart C4100 printer/scanner/copier that recently is not allowing me to scan to my computer. The installation CD for this printer is only for up to Windows XP. I remember back that there is a way to update this so it will be compatible to Vista but can't remember how to do it. I guess I need to uninstall and reinstall this software so I can again scan to my hard drive. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If the link that Cheeseball81 provided you with doesn't have the correct C4100 series model number, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or the model number(M/N) is on the HP sticker.

What version of Windows Vista are you using, and is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

In order to locate and obtain the correct driver software package for that printer, the exact model number and the exact Windows version are needed.

-------------------------------------------------------

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

Thank you all for your replies. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it via HP's website. I am running Vista basic home and the printer was C4150.

Appreciate your responses..... (y)

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Glad you got it resolved. :) (y)

-------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028494

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice