1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP Photosmart c5180, can print but not scan (windows 7)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Frattimonde, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Frattimonde

Frattimonde Thread Starter

So it is a network connected c5180 and I can only print from it, the scanner is not recognized.

This is on an upgraded from vista to windows 7 pc.

any ideas?

2. calvin-c

calvin-c Banned

Did you install the full software package? Many, if not most, all-in-one devices can use the Windows built-in printer driver but require the manufacturer's driver be installed to access other functions. Also check your documentation if you're trying to scan over the network-I have a couple of all-in-one devices that support network printing but will only scan via a directly connected PC. (Note that the directly connected PC is networked so I can scan, from it, to any network drive. I've never seen that as an issue since you need to be at the 'printer' anyway to put the document to be scanned into it. I just go ahead & scan it while I'm standing there anyway.)

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and software site for the HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One wwhich you should add and save in your browser favorites/bookmarks so you can refer to it when needed.

Have you installed the full feature software and driver package 13.1.0 for Windows 7?

There is also a patch available to fix some problems for a computer that has been upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7.

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Win 7 can not scan from a network attached scanner unless it is phsically attached to the computer then shared with the rest of the network, and then it will only scan to the computer it is attached to.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!