1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP printer reinstallation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 4timeDad, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4timeDad

4timeDad Thread Starter

Win XP: A trojan infected my computer last weekend and left me with a minor printer problem. My printer is an HP psc750. It destroyed some software for the printer such as; hp director, tool box, and several other things. I downloaded a new driver software from HP and in attempting to uninstall the old hardware from "Add and remove programs", I get a message stating:Cannot delete file. Cannot read from source file or disk. Obviously this will not allow me to reinstall the software. Help!!
    (I did turn the printer off and remove the USB cable)

2. NICK G

NICK G Banned

I owned this very printer and installed software over old install without any probs.
    HP 750 driver and installation
    D/L if you do not have the CD.
    Good luck.:cool:

3. 4timeDad

4timeDad Thread Starter

Thanks Nick. I'll check it out.

4. 4timeDad

4timeDad Thread Starter

Nick: If I attempt to reinstall the software over an installation, it tells me I already have the S/W installed. I have a CD and I also downloaded the driver S/w from HP and tried them both. My problem is in uninstalling the current software. The printer works ok, I just don't have all the little extras I should have with it. (Tool box, printer control panel, etc.)

4timeDad

5. mclarenvj

mclarenvj

You'll need a decent Software remover. I can't remember any at the moment, but mods usually know them(y)

6. NICK G

NICK G Banned

Sorry, Man, I thought sure I overloaded that printer install and driver. Maybe not.
    Look HERE and follow the directions. Also lists the MS Installer Cleanup link in thread.
    Get back if this helps or not.(y)

7. 4timeDad

4timeDad Thread Starter

Appreciate your help Nick. That helped me uninstall it! Going from here. Thanks again.
    4timeDad

8. 4timeDad

4timeDad Thread Starter

Thanks for your help.
    4timeDad

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice