1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP Printer software - not letting me install

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vegasmary, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vegasmary

vegasmary Thread Starter

Hi!

I am running Vista and am trying to install the software for an HP LJ 3050.

I am the only user on the computer (an HP laptop) and I have administrator privileges.

The software install stops halfway through and says that it cannot continue since I am not the administrator.

I have tried creating a new account called System Administrator and installing the software with that, but the same thing happened.

Any ideas?

Thanks --

Mary

2. Darkicon

Darkicon

Log into your administrator account and go to "Control Panel>User Account and Family Safety>User Account" and click on "Turn User Account Control on or off" and temporarily turn it off (It will require you to restart). And try to install it. It should allow you to install it. Once it's installed, just turn UAC back on.

Also, make sure your account is set to Administrator and not Standard, by going to "Control Panel>User Account and Family Safety>User Account>Change your account type" and make sure the Administrator box is ticked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/750740