1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP PSC 2175 Frozen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cc64, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cc64

cc64 Thread Starter

Hello all,
    Recently my HP PSC 2175 printer has frozen with "1 Copy / 100%" stuck on the screen. I have contacted HP technical support but their procedure didn't work. So, I said I'll go to the endless knowledge of the TechGuy Forums. So, any ideas?

Couple details:
    When trying to print anything - Windows returns a "document failed to print bubble"
    Op. System XP SP3 (problem started before installation of SP3)
    Printer wont do anything - print, scan, or copy.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Did they have you completely uninstall the printer and accompanying software? And remove any and all registry entries that has to do with that model printer?

3. cc64

cc64 Thread Starter

No, everything they had me to was done directly to the printer. Things that were done included, trying to reset the printer, removing and cleaning the contacts on the cartridges, cleaning the contacts on the cartridge holder, printing a diagnostic sheet(this part didnt work, it said "Print job qeued" but never printed it).

4. ~Candy~

Well, then, I'd try doing as I posted above. You might also check their website, sometimes they have a manual uninstall program that supposedly gets everything without you having to manually edit registry settings.

If you do edit registry, make a system restore point first.

5. ~Candy~

Also, I'm assuming they had you unplug the printer totally, then replug everything back in?

6. cc64

cc64 Thread Starter

Yes - they had me do it five times.

Thank you by the way Aca. The problem has been solved and you will be surprised at the fix......I hit it. After researching further for about 5 hours I got really frustrated and hit the thing on the side right next to the button panel. As soon as I hit it started to print the Self Diagnostic report that had been in line for 4 days. So, unofficially, the solution to that problem is to hit it. Thats the only solution I have found.

7. ~Candy~

Well, that's a very creative solution :eek: but, whatever works (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!