[B]READ THIS FOR A FIX TO HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR WINDOWS VISTA
First: Goto system restore and click on the advance tab and at the bottom of the screen click on create system retore point, Name the point "____"and then you may begin when the point is finished being created.
* STEP ONE: UNINSTALL HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR
* STEP TWO: GOTO http://www.mediafire.com/?ddvjyk5gzne
DOWNLOAD AND SAVE FILE hp_total_care_advisor.rar (11.41MB) TO DESKTOP »
* STEP THREE: GOTO http://h30155.www3.hp.com/helpandsupport/
DOWNLOAD FILE AND SAVE TO DESKTOP
THEN RUN FILE » sp36082.exe(5.61 MB)
SELECT YES TO OVERWRITE ALL FILES (THIS IS THE LIBRARY FILES NOT THE PROGRAM FILES)
* STEP FOUR: GOTO http://www.filehippo.com
in the searchbar @ filehippo.com [type] winrar
download and save WinRAR 3.70
RARLab - 1.15MB (Shareware) to desktop
* Step Five:go to explore and Program Files folder, and open folder Hewlet-Packard, and delete the subfolder HP ADVISOR
* Step Six: run WinRAR 3.70 RARLab - 1.15MB (Shareware) and extract the rar file hp_total_care_advisor.rar you saved on your desktop
* Step Seven: your HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR should be installed and have created a new subfolder HP Advisor in the HEWLETT-PACKARD Program Files folder,
* Step Eight: Go to the application HP Advisor file in the newly created HP Advisor Subfolder create a shortcut to desktop for the application and then run the application.
Everything should be fine from there on out and it is your option to place the application to run on startup or not in your msconfig settings, I choose not so that I have the additional RAM available to run the system faster and the application as needed instead of on startup.
* Step Nine: After everything is running as it should and all your setting are as you need them and would like them, Then run System restore again and choose the advanced tab and select to Create a new Restore point and Name it After InstalL Setup of "_______" previous named point afterward and again to secure your system integrity as you did in the begining.[/B]