Solved: Hybrid Router Modem not able to connect to the internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Archance

Hi.

I reset my Hybrid modem router's settings back to factory settings cause the disconnects were pissing me off.
After a while, It disconnected. I tried reconnecting, but now it's only showing "No Internet access."

So, could anyone help me on this?
I'm a beginner in Internet routing and configuration.

Thanks.
~Archance

Couriant

James
You would want to contact your internet provider to make sure you are not having any service outages or line issues.

As to the disconnects:

What modem do you have?
What Windows or Mac version do you have?

Couriant

James
Does happen on a wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection?
Before restarting the modem/router, does the ASDL or Internet light flash or is off when you have the problem?

Archance

Well, all of this happened after I reset the modem back to its factory settings.
Nothing works, not cable, nor Wi-Fi.

Like I said, the problem doesn't go away; It stays there, not doing anything.
The ADSL and Internet light's always on.

TerryNet

Terry
Have you properly configured the WAN side of the router part--probably to PPPoE and your account/password?

TerryNet

Terry
Exactly the way your ISP specifies. I do not have your same internet service provider and cannot be more specific than in my previous post.

Archance

Ah, alright.
So, thanks to TerryNet; I've figured out what the problem was.
I'll call my ISP soon, so they can fix my configuration.

Thanks for everyone who helped.
Thread closed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online