1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Hyperlinks in Excel

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Gogs, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gogs

Gogs Thread Starter

Hi Folks,

I have a spreadsheet that has a summary sheet at the start.

The summary sheet has a list of unique IDs in B2 to B201 (I have used these unique IDs as work sheet names as well for ease of reference) and next to these in Column C is the Title of the Item on that particular worksheet. eg

Unique ID Title
    xyz123 First Article
    xyz124 Second Article

I would like to hyperlink the Titles in column C to the worksheet matching the unique ID next to it in column B. As the data is already in the summary sheet is there an easy way to do this?

I was thinking I could edit something within the hyperlink so it picks up the value in cell B2, B3, B4 etc and this tells it what sheet to go to.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Gogs

2. slurpee55

slurpee55

You have 200 worksheets???
    Whatever this is, wouldn't a database be better for that much data manipulation?
    However, one way to do what you are asking is via the free Excel add-in, ASAP Utilities (which I constantly seem to be recommending) that you can get at
    http://www.asap-utilities.com/
    It has a function under Sheets called Create and Index Page via which it makes an index page of all the sheets in the workbook, which you could then cut and paste into another worksheet if you preferred. Then all you would have to do would be use a formula to match the Sheet names to the other list and get the unique IDs.
    The only problem is that the index sheet links take you to cell A1 of the given page.

3. Gogs

Gogs Thread Starter

It's not really for Data Manipulation. It's just a quick easy way to keep track of certain documents.

That ASAP thing is brilliant. Thanks a load. I can see I'll be using it time and time again.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Yeah...and free!!!! (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice