1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sick_Jargon, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon Thread Starter

Hi all,

So my monitor randomly blacks out during gameplay, this issue has occured while I've been playing Minecraft and League of Legends. However, it is yet to hinder me while I play Battlefield or Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Simply put, it's just damn strange.

I recently upgraded to an MSI mainboard and now I actually get an error message.

MSI BIOS report: "HyperTransport Sync Flood Error"
    Event Viewer report: "HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
    Component: AMD Northbridge
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
    Processor ID: 0"

The problem only persists while the Radeon HD 6770 is installed but not while the GeForce 9500GT is installed.

Hyper Transport is processor technology (as far as I'm aware). So I'm left confused (again), I'd really like to know what my card is doing to cause such a stir. Or is it totally down to the processor? Any thoughts...

If any information is needed, ask away :)

I understand that maybe a couple of you read up on my previous and unresolved 'BSOD problem' but since I'm actually getting an error, I thought I'd put it forward and see of I get any joy out of this.

2. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon Thread Starter

I've finally figured out the solution to this god damned problem. I can't believe I didn't try this in the first place.. So a big *facepalm* for me.

If anyone else is having a similar problem regarding the HyperTransport, increase the voltage to it to around 1.3V if this is your default and you have a decent PSU, you could try boosting it a little more.

I hope this does help someone as I almost had my hair out with it. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022904

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice