1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I am in deep shot

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by peglegviper, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. peglegviper

peglegviper Thread Starter

:eek: I did the unthinkable I flashed c drive instead of d drive and of course window's don't work is there a fix :confused: or should I start looking for a mob???????? If anybody can help you Guy's can I am on and old machine it so sloooooooow I can't take it I seep maybe four hours last night and have been thinking about this all day I can assure it WON'T happen again :(

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

How did a firmware revision for your cd drive allow you to flash your hard drive? Frankly I would be worried too. You should immediately call a pc repair service in your neighborhood and ask the dude(or dudette) if what you did is irreversible.The worst that will happen is you will have to buy another hard drive. Good luck.

P.S. I just reread your post. It's not your motherboard you flashed,it's your hard drive. The only flash for a motherboard would be a bios flash.

3. peglegviper

Maritimesea
    I don't know for sure that it was frimware after I download it all hell broke lose I tried for three hours to revive it did the safe mode thing it keep rebooting it self

4. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

Well if you were trying to flash your D drive that is called a firmware revision for CD rom drive, as D drive is your cd rom. If you flashed C by mistake that would have been your hard drive as C is your hard drive. You were trying to update your CD rom, right? What were you trying to flash and what exactly did you do?

5. peglegviper

Maritimesea
    yes I was trying to flash D drive the manufacture sent me firmware and said to. Please try they attach firmware. You need to unzip it and
    double click it to run/execute the file. Make sure you choose
    the correct drive and DO NOT stop on the middle of flashing
    because it may cause damage to the drive. It did not ask which drive I wanted so I just flashed it and the aftermath :eek:

6. TOGG

TOGG

I don't have a solution to your problem but I wonder if you can go into the background a bit more?

Which manufacturer sent you this software, were you having problems before and asked for Support, or did it arrive unsolicited?

If you were following Support advice you presumably should go back for more help or advice. On the other hand, if you installed some software you hadn't asked for, then you may just have learned a very hard, and expensive, lesson.

7. peglegviper

Togg

I have fixed the problem
    Install a dvd+rw Khypermedia and it did not work right so I call the manufacturer they said try the firmware they sent it I install it :eek:
    Two hours of work got it repaired (y) Here is what Microsoft had to say

Error Caused by Graphics Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to specifically determine what caused the problem you reported. If you would like to try and troubleshoot the problem, please utilize the information listed below.

Analysis

A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:

Error Message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

© 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of use | Accessibility | Privacy Statement

8. TOGG

TOGG

Glad you got it sorted out!. Did you use a Restore Point or something similar?

9. peglegviper

Togg
    I went into safe mode used Restore,scan dish, default settings and maybe some more as to which one of those worked I don't know :confused: but I am up and running :D

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice