1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I can Copy but can't Paste in Word???

Discussion in 'Archive: Business Applications' started by Jorelson, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jorelson

Jorelson Thread Starter

I have MS Office 2003 and have suddenly started experiencing a bizarre problem with Word 2003.

I can copy text (or even cut) and the clipboard icon on the toolbar lights up showing that it has been placed on the clipboard. When I go to paste the text, the clipboard icon becomes "unlit" as it would during normal operation...but there is no pasted text!

Where did it go and why can't I paste any text anymore?

I've tried Googling this and searching boards all over the place, but have yet to see this topic come up anywhere. It's probably some simple dialog box item not checked or something, but I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Instead of using the mouse, can you paste using the Word/Windows shortcuts?

I.e., try copying or cutting using Ctrl-C/Ctrl-X and pasting using Ctrl-V.

Let us know if it works.

Courtney

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

4. Jorelson

Jorelson Thread Starter

Thanks for both of your input. I couldn't cut & paste using ctrl keys either, but did manage to fix it using "detect & repair". Can't believe I didn't think of that earlier...

Anyway, thanks again!

5. slurpee55

slurpee55

Great to hear!
    Welcome to the forum, by the way!! :)
    Please use the button at the top of the page to mark this thread as Solved.

6. Jorelson

Jorelson Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome! This site is the most comprehensive collection of topics and, most importantly, answers I have found. Will definitely return with more questions as I can be a techno-moron at times...:D

7. slurpee55

slurpee55

You may start out not knowing a lot, but hang around enough and you will learn so much you can irritate all those non-techies you know! (y) :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice