1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I can't install Vista!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Don_Yonda, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Don_Yonda

Don_Yonda Thread Starter

I'm trying to install Vista Ultimate on my computer. It installs normally untill it has to restart. It starts back up and starts to "finish the installation" (or something like that) but it freezes up after a few minutes and won't install further. If I restart at this point and try to boot from the hard disk (the one I just tried to install Vista on), it loads for ten seconds or so and then says that I need to restart the computer and reinstall Vista. If I boot from the Vista DVD and try to repair the installation, it says that it can't find any problems with it. I formatted the drive using another computer and tried again with the same results. I thought it might be a problem with my DVD drive because I recently got a new one, but I tried a different one and the same thing happened. I know my computer can handle Vista, so I doubt that's the problem. What's going on?

2. Timmy69

Timmy69

are you definitely sure that it froze up during the installation and that nothing is running in the back? as some vista installation seems to not respond, and then it come back up.

3. Don_Yonda

Don_Yonda Thread Starter

I was wondering that too, but I'm pretty sure it's frozen. It stops responding, and I can't move the mouse. I waited for a couple hours and it didn't do anything. In fact, it's frozen up right now and has been for the last hour or so.

4. Cg13

Cg13

have you check your hard drive? how old is it? is there any bad sector on it? have you tried to change the vista dvd? is that dvd is unstracthed?

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

What peripheral cards do you have in the PC ? Try removig them and let the install work on the 'basic' PC and see if the install would finish that way.

6. Don_Yonda

Don_Yonda Thread Starter

I've got a 56k modem and a 9800GT Video Card. I was going to remove the video card, but my motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics so I can't. I'll try it without the modem though.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice