1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I can't print to Onenote 2013.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ll-dAb-ll, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ll-dAb-ll

ll-dAb-ll Thread Starter

I used to be able to print to Onenote 2013 through all my programs. I haven't done it in a while, as I only use it for Uni (printing lecture notes onto Onenote), except for the occasional steam receipt printing (which has been working until a few days ago).

I have no idea what's caused it, I have a feeling it may be Advanced System Care 7, which I have uninstalled already (after receiving a lot of adware programs installed on my computer).

Whenever I click print to Onenote 2013, it pops up in the printing queue, and that's it. Nothing happens in Onenote itself.
    I've noticed that it appears offline in my "devices and Printers"appears offline in my "devices and Printers". This may be the reason why I can't print to it, but I have no idea how to turn it back on.

The only time I am successfully able to print is after I have uninstalled Office/Onenote, and then reinstalled, then using the 'print as image' option in Adobe Reader. However, this only lasts until I shut down. After that, it just remains in the Printing Queue indefinitely, until I either cancel or shutdown.

What I have tried:
    1. Uninstalling Office 2013, restarting, reinstalling.
    2. Uninstalling Onenote 2013 (alone), restarting, reinstalling.
    3. Repair Office 2013
    4. Tried turning off Printer Spooling in services, restarting, and printing (says I need to install a printer in order to print) as suggested here
    5. Windows Update
    6. Creating a new user account & Trying the guest account.

UPDATE:
    Here's what it looks like when I print something. It will stay in the printing queue indefinitely until I cancel it. I'll leave it over-night just to see what will happen, but it's unlikely to print to Onenote 2013. It seems as though it's waiting for the Onenote device to become "ready" instead of "offline".

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really need this for Uni, as this is how I take notes during lectures.

Attached Files:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If it is OFFLINE then I do not think it is going to work.

OneNote needs to be online

3. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    True, it states clearly 'OFFLINE'

4. ll-dAb-ll

ll-dAb-ll Thread Starter

How do I turn it back to "online" or "Ready"?

5. ll-dAb-ll

ll-dAb-ll Thread Starter

Nevermind, I solved it.

I didn't realise that I had the printer set to "offline", so I wasn't able to print to Onenote at all.

However, I am able to print with all my programs to OneNote, but with Adobe Reader, I have to print as image, instead of the usual print. I'm not sure why, but it's good enough.

Attached Files:

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Because PDF's are images!

7. ll-dAb-ll

ll-dAb-ll Thread Starter

In the past, for over a year, I've been printing it without that option enabled, but then suddenly a few days ago, it only works when I turn that option on. So it doesn't make much sense. Either way, I'm using Foxit PDF Reader now instead of Adobe, and it works there, without having to enable "print as image".

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice