1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I can't uninstall Xirrus WiFi Inspector (please help)(moved from Windows 8)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by AlwaysScrewed, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AlwaysScrewed

AlwaysScrewed Thread Starter

So after talking with HP Technical Support several more times and even talking with GeekSquad from Best Buy...

I pretty much moved the computer my mom got to the first floor of my home and made it a wired connection and connected it to the modem/router I have with an ethernet cable.

However... now I can't seem to uninstall the Xirrus WiFi Inspector that I was asked to use when I had my networking problems. To be honest... I'm not even sure if my network problems are resolved.

But it keeps saying that I have to be an Administrator to uninstall it but I am the administrator on the computer. I even tried right clicking the program and clicked "uninstall" and it froze up at "3 Seconds Remaining" to uninstall it.

Any suggestions on what to do, how to fix this, or advice for me in general? I'd really appreciate any help anyone here could give me.

Thank you.

2. MickRegenais

MickRegenais

Hello

Have you tried using Revo Uninstaller? That program should be able to get rid of it.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

try right clicking the uninstall

that is open the program by right click and open and on the list of files if there is an uninstall - right click that and click run as admin

On Windows 8 although you are signed in with a user account with admin rights they are limited permissions and many tasks require enhanced admin permissions which are obtained by the procedure I have outlined

4. AlwaysScrewed

AlwaysScrewed Thread Starter

HP ended up having me restore the computer to factory settings (even though it's new) because I was having problems with my eternet cable disconnecting and reconnecting randomly.

So it's gone now.

Sorry for any inconvenience that I may have caused.

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Cheers thanks for posting the result
    No inconvenience whatsoever -

Sounds rather drastic to me for an internet problem and if it is hard wired - Ethernet where did Wifi inspector come into the equation

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice