1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I got a funny error:(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jiddy33, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jiddy33

jiddy33 Thread Starter

BACKGROUND: Sooo, I have windows XP on this machine. On my other machine i have linux which I'm trying to get rid of. My friend sent me a floppy killdisk and told me to run the program to set it up.

PROBLEM: The first screen comes up and tells you to click on start and then a new pop-up comes and says "Bootable Floppy Creator Error" in the title bar and "Error locking drive" in the actual window. This gives me no explanation as to what it is or what to do about it.

QUESTIONS: What is this error? Does it pertain to my floppy disk, drive, OS etc? and most importantly, How can i get rid of it and run my setup?

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You really should ask your friend for details -- but it sounds like you must first copy the SETUP program from the floppy to your hard drive. Then put a NEW floppy in the floppy drive, run the setup program and it will create the bootable floppy to run on your linux system.

3. abbyk

abbyk

Which PC is the problem ?

To get rid of linux or any OS, reformat & install your preferred OS.

4. jiddy33

jiddy33 Thread Starter

Rollin' Rog - Thank you very much i honestly didn't even think about that. it worked... wow, i feel really inadequate... Thank you bunches!

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

:cool: :) (y)

You're welcome -- we see that problem a lot when folks are advised to create bootable floppies. They often just download the setup program direct to the floppy and think it's going to boot ;)

I'll mark the thread "Solved" for you, but for any future visits, be advised the option is open to you in the Thread Tools menu when appropriate.

6. jiddy33

jiddy33 Thread Starter

The funny thing about that is, I know I can't do that and it won't work... Yet i still did it. Sorry bout you marking it for me, I didn't know, this is my first thread here. Once again thanks for your help, I'm having a great time "killing" my other machine. Have a good one!:D

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Didn't expect you to know about the Thread menu -- just glad your first visit here was a productive one :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/386703