Solved: i got an Error message installing game

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i tryed to install a game on my Windows 98 computer, and i got an Error message, it said: "Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from CD-ROM, or a problem with this package. i installed a game earlyier on there soo it's not the CD-ROM. help would be appreciated. (y)

Have you tried checking the CD itself for scratches or dirt? If you open the CD manually is that file visible and readable.

Also, this sometimes works in helping Windows to read CDs on installs.

Open the Device Manager and select the entry for the CD-ROM. On the properties page look for a setting that allows you to disable (uncheck) DMA.

Try the install in that mode. It's slower but may be more reliable.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i check the game, and yes it does have some tiny scratches on it, but i have another issue with this computer, i'll try what you said after i fix the other issue, thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online