1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I have a truncated Notes file, which got corrupted during a drive crash.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LinoMileto, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinoMileto

LinoMileto Thread Starter

It is not available on any server, so re-replicating or restoring from backup is not an option.

Nfixup reports:
    Enter password (press the Esc key to abort):

09/17/2007 15:19:15 Database Fixup: Started
    09/17/2007 15:19:15 Unable to fixup database c:\notesarchive.nsf: File truncated - file may have been damaged
    09/17/2007 15:19:15 Database Fixup: Shutdown

I tried Unistals Quick Recovery for Lotus Notes, which promises to extract the messages and attachments, even from the truncated files. However, it extracts 1 message, and then crashes tried it on 2 different computers with the same results.

Help me please...how to recover the file?

2. valis

valis Moderator

you can try recuva, but if the data is not backed up, there is a very good chance it's gone forever.

3. BuNirmal

BuNirmal

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!