1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I Have that awesome.."No audio output device is installed" message...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by herndona2, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. herndona2

herndona2 Thread Starter

Hello there so i have the No audio output device is installed message from vista and need to get rid of it. Im not for sure what happened when i upgraded to windows vista ultimate from windows XP it for some reason messed up my speakers?

2. Castle_Rock

Castle_Rock

Hi,

What brand of PC/Model do have - also, is this a notebook or Desktop. What brand of Audio card do you have installed?

In Device Manager, open the Properties of your sound device, and note what
    error messages are displayed. The Properties section typically provides some
    guidance as to what corrective action to take.

In addition, if all else fails, you can remove the sound card in Device
    Manager, thus allowing Windows to reinstall it when you reboot. This step
    often fixes problems such as you have. Post back if none of these
    suggestions does anything. We'll try to devise another approach.

Hope that helps,

CR

3. herndona2

herndona2 Thread Starter

Alrighty then, i have a HP pavilion Slimling s7410n Desktop PC.
    I dont know how to tell what sound card i have. when i open device manager, underneath Sound, video, and game controllers all that it shows is high definition audio device. when i hit properties it says this device is working properly. By the way i cant get sound period, ive used headphones and many other things.

4. joeten

joeten

5. herndona2

herndona2 Thread Starter

The link does not open completely. Theres no topics.

6. Castle_Rock

Castle_Rock

7. lauraneedshelp

lauraneedshelp

i have EXACTLY the same problem, and i've tried everything any website has given me! so stuck on what to do!

8. joeten

joeten

9. herndona2

herndona2 Thread Starter

Will it looks like me and Laur-dog are in a pickle.I tryed the Fix it thingie and it said it was fine. Erggh! I got my computer in like 2006 so its quite the old. Anything else yall want to know?

10. joeten

joeten

11. herndona2

herndona2 Thread Starter

Umm so first of all is High defintion audio device a sound card? and yes i tryed all of those things. it seems my audio is hooked up right. Btw since i bought this computer 3 years ago perhaps vista doesnt support it? ive tryed downloading the new drive for it. o yeah and my sound comes from the monitor speakers.

12. herndona2

herndona2 Thread Starter

YES! whos the man? i am :) so i found a quick fix. Hopefully this wil work for you lauren. I guess my drivers were out of date but downloading the update wasnt fixing it. so pretty much i went to this site: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?message.uid=81345 follow the steps he has on his secound post. and it should reinstall your audio system. worked for me.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879619

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice