Solved: I lose internet access when restarting from standby.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hectorsgaf

Hi - I hope this is in the right section.

Windows XP Home - BT Broadband.
When ever I restart my computor from 'standby' I cannot get immediate internet access.

When the 'cannot connect' page comes up in Internet explorer 7 I simply click on 'diagnose problems' and the 'plutor fixes this problem. I can always then get on the net but it is starting to annoy me and never used to do this.

Can someone help me please.

I also have another desktop and 2 lap tops in the house on wireless but they are not affected .

Thank you

Simon

hectorsgaf said:
Hi - I hope this is in the right section.

Windows XP Home - BT Broadband.
When ever I restart my computor from 'standby' I cannot get immediate internet access.

When the 'cannot connect' page comes up in Internet explorer 7 I simply click on 'diagnose problems' and the 'plutor fixes this problem. I can always then get on the net but it is starting to annoy me and never used to do this.

Can someone help me please.

I also have another desktop and 2 lap tops in the house on wireless but they are not affected .

Thank you

Simon
Which connection device do you use to connect internet?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Start, Run, devmgmt.msc

Under the properties of your network adapter, on the Power Management tab, uncheck the power saving option.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online