Solved: I need a Driver for Printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tildy

My Canon Pixma iP1500 printer doesn't work with my new PC.....Compaq Presario W7 64 Bit.
Seems the present driver is 32 Bit and I need a 64 Bit. Can anyone help me find one to download or a work around..
I haven't had any luck so far in my search.

Thanks for any help

Tildy

Thanks for reply

I did visit the Canon website but was unable to find anything relating to update for my printer and W7.

I will go and have another search with the info you have given me.

Thanks

etaf

Wayne
Add the printer again and try a windows update search to locate the driver

etaf

Wayne
Hi, karenm1123 - that also listed on the same link as the Canon Site

Tildy

Download from site didn't work. I finally got a driver installed via Windows update. It took three shots at it but Printer is up and running.(y)

Thanks for help.

etaf

Wayne
thanks for letting us know , interesting it took 3 attempts - is this a new machine and loading other updates at the same time ?

you can mark the thread solved - button at top of page "Mark Solved"

crjdriver

Windows 7 does the quite often with printers. Next time you have to install, do the following.
Complete the install of win7 with the printer NOT connected. Once done [and windows update is set to automatically search/install updates] connect your printer. Win7 should find a driver via update without a problem.

If you ever intend to use this printer as a network printer, win7 will not install the update if it is not a local printer. There is a workaround to get this done so if you need it, post back.

etaf

Wayne
crjdriver win7 will not install the update if it is not a local printer
Thats interesting, I have an ongoing problem with a networked printer - that we just cannot get to work - have managed to get it to work locally - but interesting that windows update does not update to a networked printer - i'll remember that

crjdriver

Here you go. Here is how I did it and it works fine. I have a hp880c that would work ok if it were connected to the win7 system. When I installed it on my server, I could not get it to work with the win7 system.

Try the following: go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local Printer, Create a Port, Local Port, \\XPComputer\printername (use the actual share name for the computer and printer), Next, then click on Windows Update and then select HP Deskjet 880c or use whatever name you gave to printer on the system on which it is installed.

etaf

Wayne
Thanks for that - we also tried that too.... i wont hijack this post any further

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online