1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I need drivers for an HP Compaq nc6220 PC Notebook

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bellisimo, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

I've been searching the Internet all day for drivers for this Notebook and have found most of them, but need two more. I can't get online.

It's a Windows XP Professional OS but I cannot get online without an Ethernet Controller driver, which I still haven't been able to find. I also need a Multimedia Audio Controller.

It's an old notebook but has hardly been used. The specs are as follows:

Intel[R] Pentium[R] M
    processor 1.73Ghz
    795 MHz,0.99 GB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension

I still have the original Windows XP Professional disk

Will someone please help me find these two drivers? I've searched every HP Compaq driver site I could find to not avail.

Thanks so much,

bellisimo

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  3. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

Hi TerryNet,

Thanks for the suggestion. Problem is I've tried almost every Ethernet Controller driver on that site and haven't found one that works. Also, how can you tell which one of so many of them would be the right one. They're all so much the same.

There may be other problems too. I just noticed that I can't get into the bios on this laptop, either. Is there another way besides hitting the delete key while holding down F3 at start up?

Thanks again,

bellisimo

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    For that model and XP Pro I only see one ethernet driver: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver.

What does the documentation that came with the computer say? Is the key specified on the screen right after power on (or restart)? I'd guess that it's F10, F6 or F12.

5. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

Thanks TerryNet,

I'll give it a try. Sorry to take so long in getting back to you. I got so frustrated with it that I went out and bought a new laptop, a Toshiba with Windows 8 installed. I'm finding it really complicated, but it's nice.

bellisimo

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice