Solved: i need help with power supply and graphics cards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

goodpc

hi im going to buy a new video card but all the cards that i have seen call for a 400 or so watt power supply im wondering if i can put a more powerful power supply without burning up the old components in my computer or in other words if i get a bigger power supply will it over power my mother board ....................................... my computer is pci and it has agp slot my computer model is Hp Pavilion a510n with some addons

Installing a large power supply will not effect any of your current equipment, it just allows more power to be utilized before it can't handle it and the voltages start to drop off. Your 12volt/5volt/etc power supplies will still be 12/5 just able to handle more wattage

if you want to game that is a very old underpowered card also it's pci. if that's the card you want get the agp version

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online