1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: i need help with power supply and graphics cards

Discussion in 'Games' started by goodpc, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. goodpc

goodpc Thread Starter

hi im going to buy a new video card but all the cards that i have seen call for a 400 or so watt power supply im wondering if i can put a more powerful power supply without burning up the old components in my computer or in other words if i get a bigger power supply will it over power my mother board ....................................... my computer is pci and it has agp slot my computer model is Hp Pavilion a510n with some addons

2. brianF

brianF

Installing a large power supply will not effect any of your current equipment, it just allows more power to be utilized before it can't handle it and the voltages start to drop off. Your 12volt/5volt/etc power supplies will still be 12/5 just able to handle more wattage

3. alkris

alkris

4. gaftop1

gaftop1

if you want to game that is a very old underpowered card also it's pci. if that's the card you want get the agp version

5. goodpc

goodpc Thread Starter

thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/613011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice