1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I need to back up?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Moe13_14, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Moe13_14

Moe13_14 Thread Starter

I am going to format my HD now but I have 106GB of music, videos and more. I don't have time to burn them to around 23 4.7gb disks which I don't even have. And the only external USB I have is 4GB. I have an external HD but it has all my other stuff in it with only 2GB left.

Can someone supply me with something that can help me with this?

Are there any software to compress it by NOT freezing and NOT extremely slow?? I tried some and they either freeze because 106GB is too much or it takes 64 days to finish compression.

Please help me

2. dannyn

dannyn

3. vicks

vicks

You might try using a flash (thumb) drive. Get one with about 4 gig at walmart for about $20.00. I am sure you can probably find one cheaper if you do a little browsing around.Then you can drag/drop the stuff you want to keep.

Vicks

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Music and videos are already compressed, so unless you have a lot of text files, you are not likely to shrink it much more than 1-2 GB, even after days of compressing.

Either another external, or a 2nd internal drive if there is a free bay in the PC will be your best bet. IDE or SATA internal drives run about $50 for 250GB, about $70 for 500GB, externals about $10 more.

HTH

Jerry

5. dannyn

dannyn

Vicks, he said he has about 106 gig of data that he needs to back up, so I do not think that is an option that he will be able to choose.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice