1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I need to replace hd on laptop but need help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cdpaul, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cdpaul

cdpaul Thread Starter

I thought it would be straight forward but i dont want to buy the wrong thing.

I have taken the faulty seagate ST94019A 2.5" hd out of the laptop, looked on ebuyer and found a couple that seem compatible but some say ATA-100 and some say IDE.

Im not sure if there different or the same, and also not sure about physical size.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanx
    Paul

2. idowindows

idowindows

Based on the model number you provided (seagate ST94019A), this is a 40Gig ATA drive.

Match the replacement interface to be ATA aswell and perhaps consider a larger capacity while you're at it - good time to move up in capacity since you'll have to install the Operating System (i take it it's windows)

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  4. cdpaul

cdpaul Thread Starter

Thanx guyz,

Def NOT sata, i just wasnt sure if there was a difference between ata-100 and ide connection.

Thanx again :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice