Solved: I need to replace hd on laptop but need help?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cdpaul

I thought it would be straight forward but i dont want to buy the wrong thing.

I have taken the faulty seagate ST94019A 2.5" hd out of the laptop, looked on ebuyer and found a couple that seem compatible but some say ATA-100 and some say IDE.

Im not sure if there different or the same, and also not sure about physical size.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanx
Paul

Based on the model number you provided (seagate ST94019A), this is a 40Gig ATA drive.

Match the replacement interface to be ATA aswell and perhaps consider a larger capacity while you're at it - good time to move up in capacity since you'll have to install the Operating System (i take it it's windows)

cdpaul

Thanx guyz,

Def NOT sata, i just wasnt sure if there was a difference between ata-100 and ide connection.

Thanx again :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online