1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I think I got something bad, details inside...

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Diego Wolfwood, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego Wolfwood

Diego Wolfwood Thread Starter

Trying to access one of my hard drives resulted in My Computer locking up, and upon ending the process explorer seems to get shut down. Task manager wouldn't come up so I'm forced to reset. Also trying to play something in winamp resulted in a sound driver error, when it was working fine beforehand.

I'm currently running Avast and MalwareBytes, and will keep this topic updated, I hope I can fix this....

If anyone has any input please share.

*EDIT*

Whoops! Didn't see the Security & Malware Removal forum until after I posted, I posted this there, this topic can be deleted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice