Solved: I think I have deleted my registry???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

geno368

I had a boot sector virus(I think) and could not boot my Lenovo Think centre 6239. I tried everything including AVG boot disk and ran scans. I still am not able to re-format the computer with XP Pro. it tells me"windows\system32\config\system" file is missing or corrupt. It cannot find my c drive in mini xp. Is the registry part of the xp install? How can I get it back? Thanks in advance

rikai

Matt
If you are trying to reformat the computer, use the advance install to delete the hard drive partition. Then create a new one to reinstall Windows

geno368

Thanks for the reply. I cannot get that far. When windows files are installed, it say "windows is starting and then is when I get the file corrupt error

geno368

The two I have used are install disks....It first copies the windows files and then starts the install procedure...that's when I get the error

geno368

I appreciate the help. I fixed the problem by installing win 7 which had the necessary drivers to run. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online