1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I think just killed my computer!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Krazy Ivan, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Krazy Ivan

Krazy Ivan Thread Starter

Okay,
    My computer is completely screwed up now! I turn it on and it says it cant detect an operating system. WTF! It went from not being able to connect to the internet to being.. dead.

I had just turned on my computer and gone to StartMenu when it froze up so I had to restart it the hard way by turning the power off and on. Then it said somethin about have some trouble with some partition or something so I figured screw it I'd just re-install windows again and fix the problem but then it froze up in the middle of that! Now its not detecting an operating system and it wont let me do anything. Please, help I dont know what to do? And, stop accusing me of murder I didn't mean to kill my computer haha!

2. Krazy Ivan

Oh! I have a Compaq Presario 2200 with Windows XP and it just ran out of the 3yr extanted warranty earlier this year.

3. Cildaten

Cildaten

Sounds like your HD is failing.
    Does it make any squeeling/screeching noises?

4. ajefferson

ajefferson

you killed it... ^_^. It seems to be HDD. Whn you install something/HD runs, if you cut power off, intentionally or not, there is BIG risk you'll damage the HDD by having bad sector or so.

I suggest you come back to Win98 rescue disk (booting disk) and run Chkdsk to check this. That's if you have.

Otherwise, you can also reinstall Windows (using bootable setup) but do full partition format. It will reveal those things if it is there.

Don't use recovery cd from Compaq 'cos it only do recovery on normal condition basis.

5. Krazy Ivan

I put in the cd to reinstall windows and now its up and running again but I still cant connect to the net.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

How do you connect to the internet?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!