1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: I woke up this morning and I had a new screensaver on my login screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BadDracula, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadDracula

BadDracula Thread Starter

you know where before you get online that windows logo thig always is well check it out..it has changed NOW it is one of the scr that are in the choices of appearences. also I thought the time out is suppose to be 900 for that well mine is at 300, I have done a lot of scanning (AdAware, Spybot, spyware doctor (and checking of registry) I also used CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) virus checked nothing wrong (so it says) but there has to be SOMETING goin on cause no one changed that scr, I didnot even know HOW, it seems (no kidding) that I was reading something about it online not to long agao someone wanted to change the log on scr but I didn't want to but its changed. wha happened? :confused: drac

2. BadDracula

BadDracula Thread Starter

What I am saying is I turned on the puter this amstepped away before going past log on and when I returned the screensaver had changed from the usual Windows XP logo it changes to the flying objects screensaver usually used AFTER some one logs in. and I went to the registry and found that the default of 900 for the log in screen saver was also changed from 900 to 300, and I haven't done anything like this I was reading about changing the login screensaver but didn't do it. (no one else has access to the registry I am administrator) so I am wondering what has happened I run spyware several different ones and they all come up ok as does Norton a v 2004 thnaks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice