1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IBM thinkpad T23 won't turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Snickers13, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Snickers13

Snickers13 Thread Starter

My IBM laptop (thinkpad T23) will not respond when I push the on button. I have it plugged into AC. The battery is not new, but still have life in it. I push the on button, the green light that normally goes on when I start it, just flashes, with no further results.
    It acts like the contact between the start button and whatever it has to connect with, is not making it turn on. Everytime I push it, it makes the green "on" light flicker, but it won't stay on and boot up.
    I know the OS (XP pro) is good, and it showed no signs of slowly failing. It just decided not to start one day and has been very frustrating ever since.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Snickers13

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

tried changing the PSU?

3. steveb1492

steveb1492

Try reseating the battery. Are you sure all the power cables are properly connected? Is the light on on the a/c adapter? Does it have a battery check button that shows how much juice is left without turning on the pc? Are you sure that power is coming into the comp from the ac adapter (i.e. light flashing, etc.)? Am I asking too many questions?

4. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

lol, yes you are :D :rolleyes:

5. Snickers13

Hi Blink,
    I assume by PSU you mean the power supply???? I don't know how to do that in a laptop. What would it look like, and where would I look for it? I know how to replace it in a regular PC, but have not messed around with laptops too much.
    I have checked all the other options mentioned. The battery shows power, the AC cord is working properly, so I know it is getting outside power, just don't know what is happening when I push the on button calling for the use of that power.
    You may have a point there with the power supply. I will check out the specs on the IBM T23 and see if I can find out where it is.
    Snickers13

6. Snickers13

HI, I have double checked all the power sources, and they are all working fine. I have even tried a different battery and AC and it still won't start up.
    Is there a possibility that the start button is not making a goog contact with whatever it is pushing against?
    Snickers13

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484131

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice