1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Icons Missing Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tirta, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tirta

tirta Thread Starter

Whoops! most of my desktop icons have 'disappeared'.
    Somehow, I can no longer see all my icons.
    If I do a 'create' shortcut or do a control drag, I'm told there is already a shortcut.
    I cannot find my Recycle Bin - even in WinExplorer.
    Can someone hep - please?

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

For your Recycle bin Icon, Right-Click anywhere on your Desktop, choose Personalization and in the column on the Left you will see "Change Desktop Icons" and see if there is a checkmark for your Recycle Bin...

3. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Try this:

Click on the link below then in the top left corner click on File > Save as and choose "save page as." Change the "save as type" to "all files" and save to your desktop. Once it's on your desktop, double click it and answer yes to the import prompt.

Iconfix

4. tirta

tirta Thread Starter

Thanks for suggestions, guys.
    A penny dropped after reading your posts. I selected 'View' and then 'Auto arrange icons'. There they were!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice