Solved: IDE master/ SATA slave?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cloud2Ground

I have 2 IDE drives and just tried to hook up a SATA. BIOS sees all drives and I have got it to boot from my master IDE running WIN XP Pro. SP2. But it doesn't show up in WIN just in BIOS. I tried unhooking the IDE slave w/no help. I would like to run it this way for a while till I get a Ghost program to ghost my IDE Master drive to my SATA drive. I can do that right???
any help would be nice.
Thank you,
Don
WIN XP Pro. SP2
Mobo.. ASUS A8N-SLI SE

Are you saying that you've 3 HDDs two on the same cable and one separate (SATA)?

Chances are it needs a driver. Did you get a CD with it? If not, check the manufacturer's site. Anything in Device Manager that is not working properly?

Cloud2Ground

Yes, I have 3 HDDs (2 are IDE) the other one I just tried to add is an SATA. I have loaded All new drivers from ASUS w/no help. I just want to run (I unhooked the IDE slave) my master IDE and have the SATA as a slave till I can ghost the Master IDE to the SATA later (if that is possible). Is this possible???
Thank you,
Don :)

Cloud2Ground

Yes, "Other Devices/Multimedia audio (I have a SB Audigy so this is OK) and "Other PCI Bridge Device" but they are all workn fine too. Thats it...

Cloud2Ground

Elvandil said:
Chances are it needs a driver. Did you get a CD with it? If not, check the manufacturer's site. Anything in Device Manager that is not working properly?
Yes, "Other Devices/Multimedia audio (I have a SB Audigy so this is OK) and "Other PCI Bridge Device" but they are all workn fine too. Thats it..

Cloud2Ground

Ok BIOS updated and all drivers updated. DM is clean now with no ? or !. The SATA drive works if it's the only drive hooked up I get the old "NON SYSTEM DISK" error. BIOS sees the drive but WinXP Pro SP2 doesn't??? Any more ideas?

crjdriver

You have partitioned and formatted the drive correct?
Is the drive listed in disk management?

Cloud2Ground

OMG I'm out to lunch big time. WOW, yup that's it. DUUUHHH!!!!!
Thank you,
dumb a$%
AKA Don :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online