1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Ie 7 Beta 3

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ed270791, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ed270791

ed270791 Thread Starter

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I'm in a spot of bother, bordering on frantic panic.

I recently attempted to install Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3. I have not installed any IE betas previously. I got an error message saying it couldn't install. The troubleshooting steps didn't help me. However I found out it was a registry related issue. I then restarted my PC running windows XP sp2 and tried again.
    Same message. Bummer, I thought, Oh well, it's just IE. I open iTunes to relax.
    TUNES DONT PLAY. The sound icon is gone from the control bar. Infact no sound whatsoever is coming out. It's complete chaos.
    Might I also mention I installed 3 windows updates at the same time as IE 7 B3, but I don't think this is the problem.
    Many programs don't work now. All my System Tools give me error messages. I bought a registry cleaner (Registry Mechanic) and it fixed 130 problems. Still screwed up. Gtalk was uninstalled, I can't even access system restore! Here is the the ******* of an error message: The message displayed (with an annoying default BEEP from the actual PC) is "The Application failed to start etc because iertutil.dll could not be found. Restarting the app may fix the problem."

If any one can help, it would be greatly appreciated. And feel free to ask more questions I will answer all day if it fixes this evil problem.

EDIT: I just reinstalled iTunes. You click to play a song and they freeze at 0 minutes. Also, I can't access Internet explorer at all and I can't run Google Updater or any other goddam program that might be remotely useful. PLEASE help me.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. ed270791

ed270791 Thread Starter

So you think I should just install that? Should I also do that regedit stuff you mentioned? Are you sure?

I don't want to kill this, it's a family rig.

4. ed270791

ed270791 Thread Starter

OK Update:

I installed the .dll. Thanks man, It solved half of my problems. I can now run system restore. But sound is still screwed.

Come to think of it, I should probably try and restore my system

I'll get back to you in approx 5 minutes. Thanks again.

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Copy the file to the system32 folder and then reboot and see what happens from there.

Forget the registry stuff.

If no luck, see if you can uninstall it. It should be present in Add/Remove programs if you check "show updates".

If not, use a command line to run the uninstaller, or navigate there and run it.

It's possible System Restore may be available as well once you have the dll in place. I'm assuming you just get some kind of blank calander or IE error when you try to open it, right?

Ok, saw your update -- glad it accomplished something. What I would do now is uninstall IE7 AND after that run System Restore as well.

6. ed270791

ed270791 Thread Starter

I would now like to formally thank you, and the entire Tech Support Guy Forums for helping me eliminate this error. My computer is functioning perfectly.

Regards
    Ed.

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice