Solved: IE 7 question , please read .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timothye

HI
i have been wondering about this "Bleep" sound that IE plays when you come to a site and you have the pop up blocker turned on it will "BLEEP" and followed by the yellow bar at the top of IE , how can you turn this sound off ? it is completly annoying when your listening to music and hear this SUPER LOUD "bleep"

Cheers

PS
I cannot find any sounds for this here -> control panel >Sounds & Audio Devices>the sounds tab ->program events ..
or did i miss something .?

open up ie7

on the top right click on tools
go down to pop-up blocker-> pop-up blocker settings- that will open a new window

on the bottom of that window there are 2 boxes checked, uncheck the one that says "Play a sound when a pop-up is blocked"

that should do it

timothye

yepp .
i really need to check everything out in IE 7 / AGAIN / just when we get used to 1 thing they throw us a masty new learning curve .. im diggin deep to adjust the settings and all the time it was a couple a clicks away
Cheers T

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online