Solved: IE 7 won't stay open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kickrz

I came on here yesterday to post about an issue I was having with my email. When I went to this site the background kinda greyed out and said I need to install IE8. I installed it and ever since cannot get on IE. I did a system restore to remove 8, uninstalled 7 and reinstalled but it still will not work. When I click IE it flashes up for a split second then closes.

This is my father's work computer and if he finds out I messed it up he is going to be very mad. I have a few hours before he gets back so can someone please, please help me.

I read another post on the forum about the same sort of issue but the solution for them did not work for me.

I am running XP pro SP3
I am currently using firefox but cannot give up on IE as it is not my computer.

I have tried opening without add ons. I have tried going to start, run and then regsvieexpler.dll (may not be the exact right .dll because I can't remember exactly) as stated in another post.

antech

Banned
Follow the below instructions Carefully:
1. Download HiJackThis from the link in my signature
2. Run a Scan.
3. Save a Logfile(On your Desktop)
4. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING BY YOURSELF.
(Fixing Anything Might cause Unwanted System Instability,BSOD's and Even Render your System Unusable)
5.Copy and Paste all the contents
6. Paste them in the reply Window

antech

Banned
Do you use Uniblue registry cleaner?
Please remove that ASAP.
Also restore the changes made by it before removing

kickrz

Yes it is loaded in the bottom. Like I said it is my dads computer and he put it on here. I am assuming that it is bad if you say ASAP but can you tell me why so I can tell him why I removed it?

I just looked and it says uniblue registerybooster2.is that same?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you or your father installed

Uniblue Registry Booster 2

IObit Advanced System Care 3

and have been using them, it's a good bet that they've broken certain programs and damaged the operating system.

Windows Defender is also crap and should be uninstalled with the others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Phantom010 has jumped in and may rescue you from your problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------

kickrz

Ok so I am not sure when he downloaded it but I should remove it then? Sorry I just hate messing with his stuff and want to explain why I did without telling him I wrecked IE :) I do know it has been on here for awhile though.

He likes all the stuff he *thinks* is suppose to protect the computer.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Ok so I am not sure when he downloaded it but I should remove it then? Sorry I just hate messing with his stuff and want to explain why I did without telling him I wrecked IE :) I do know it has been on here for awhile though.

He likes all the stuff he *thinks* is suppose to protect the computer.
From what you've been saying, your main concern is getting IE7 to work properly again.

If your father installed and is using those dangerous programs, that's his problem to deal with.

---------------------------------------------------------------

kickrz

Ok so I did another system restore but did it from April 16th and it is working. Obviously something happened to make it do that in the first place. It started when I upgraded to IE8 so I won't be doing that anytime soon,

I went to restore all the stuff in registry booster and it is dated as far back as 2008. I clicked the first one and it was either taking a really long time or was froze up.

I will let him know that it is a dangerous program and let him decide.

Thanks so much :) I am not sure what the issue exactly was but it is fixed for now!

antech

Banned
Please mark this as solved.
The Uniblue Registry Cleaner and the Advanced Care may have caused the problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online