1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IE 9 Running Very Slowly

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by RCD, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RCD

RCD Thread Starter

My PC is running Internet Explorer 9. Recently I've experienced delays of 5 - 10 seconds in getting some pages to load. Not aways, but often. I believe I have plenty of available capacity, so I don't think that's the issue. Have others experienced a similar problem with IE 9? Is it possible I need to change some settings? Sure would appreciate some help. Thanks. RCD

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3891 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 294042 MB, Free - 204885 MB; Q: Total - 9999 MB, Free - 2306 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, 2522W7P
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Click Tools - Manage add-ons

You probably have too many toolbars, extensions, accelerators, etc. enabled which are increasing webpage loading time.

--------------------------------------------------------

3. RCD

RCD Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestion. I made a few changes, but it's still running slow on some sites. Any further ideas? RCD

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you tried disabling ALL add-ons? There may be only one interfering with normal browsing. This will at least tell us if add-ons are responsible or not. If all is well without add-ons, then you'll need to isolate the culprit.

But first,

How to Run IE9 Without Add-ons

5. RCD

RCD Thread Starter

This seems to be working better. I'll watch it for a few days and if it continues to look OK, I'll mark it solved. Thanks! RCD

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

You really do need to find the offending add-on though. You cannot run IE9 like that for long.

Click Tools > Manage Add-ons.

The Manage Add-ons window will appear.

In the Manage Add-ons window, you can control which extension, toolbar, search providers, accelerators your browser is using.

In the Manage Add-ons window, select Toolbars and Extensions. There you can see the toolbars and extensions that you have currently installed. Select the add-on you want to modify. If the toolbar or extension is enabled, in the lower-right part of the window you will see the Disable button. If you click on it, it will disable that toolbar/extension.

Proceed with disabling one add-on after the other. Try browsing with that one add-on disabled after refreshing the page. If that doesn't change anything, proceed with another add-on. Shockwave Flash Object is an example of what you can start with.

7. RCD

RCD Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestion. I heard something similar yesterday and have tried it and seen improved results. I'm waiting a day or two to see if this gets resolved satisfactorily and then I'll mark this as "solved." Thanks again. RCD

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice