Solved: IE Passwords

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clmowers

Hello All, I was just wondering if their is a way to change saved passwords in IE. A user changed their domain password and when they log on to web mail at home they get denied as wrong password.:( That’s because the old password is saved in that list not the new one. I know I can go and delete them but that will wipe all saved passwords out. Is there a program that I can install to change a password?

With IE 6 you cant change the password once saved. You can delete all passwords and then have IE relearn them. The only other way is to hack the registry. Off the top of my head I can’t remember, but I think there’s a folder under the reg called SPW. This is where IE keeps passwords. Do a search for this folder and download a password decryption. You will need it as this is an encypted file. This will enable you to see the passwords. Then you can just delete the proper key and have IE ask you to save it again. Hopefully the Rumors with IE 7 are true. It is suppose to be more like firefox.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online