1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ie save picture as

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wetvt, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wetvt

wetvt Thread Starter

Hi. Upgraded to vista business. In internet explorer, right click save picture as, defaults to pictures. Browse to a different folder to save picture. Not leaving the page, want to save another picture, defaults back to pictures, does not remember the last place I saved to. IE7 would always remember where last picture saved if did not close program. Is there a setting for this?
    Thank You

2. wbarbour_ca

wbarbour_ca

Was a solution identified for this problem? If so, what was it?

3. wetvt

wetvt Thread Starter

not really. it looks like it just works differently. now any subsequent pages opened from the same page will maintain the location, whereas before all pages opened from within the ie session would use the same save location. unfortunately.

4. raymundka

raymundka

Hi!
    Could you resolve your issue?
    I have the same.
    I use Vista and want IE7 to remember last save location.
    The save picture as dialog box always goes back to its default Pictures folder
    and forgets the last save location when I leave a page.
    It is annoying and a lot of extra work to always re-select a folder.
    Let's say I'm looking for images of water melons with Google image search and want to save them to my Water Melons folder. My browser wants to save it to the default Pictures folder. It was different in XP and Opera 9 also remembers locations

[email protected]:confused: :confused:

5. wetvt

wetvt Thread Starter

Hi
    Unfortunately I did not find any specifici resolution to this issue. However, oddly enough it is now working as we expect and would like, it is remembering the last saved folder. I do not know if a fix got applied, or if it "learned" the pattern and started working that way. I wish that I had indeed done something that caused it to start working.

6. raymundka

raymundka

Hi,
    what you write is really mysterious. Actually my explorer also got back to normal
    about 3-4 days ago and all of a sudden has began to remember the last save location. Same day my Vista Media Center window (when not in full screen) changed its aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 and I was very happy with it because this is the standard ratio
    for most TV broadcasts and videos. This also happened without touching anything in the
    registry or applying any tweaks. Unfortunately somewhat later I had to realize that
    some of my remote control buttons also stopped working. I could resolve this issue neither
    by system restore nor by restoring the entire drive containing Vista OS from a backup
    image (Acronis .tib) so I had to reinstall the OS and all I used to be so glad of is now gone!:mad: :mad:
    When the behavior of IE7 and WMC changed I thought it had something
    to do with MS update 7.0.6000.374 which was downloaded and installed the same day
    but this is just a supposition and there's no evidence.
    best regards!:) :) :)

7. The-CROW

The-CROW

Hi Guys :)
    I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy!!!
    Can anyone please help? I'm using IE7 and Vista.
    Thanks.

8. raymundka

raymundka

Go to Control Panel, User Accounts, Turn User Account Control (UAC) on and off option,
    now: turn off UAC (disable).
    Restart Windows
    Now Internet Explorer will remember last save location as long as you enable UAC again!

If notification area red warning icon annoys you, customize toolbar and set warning to "hide"
    Enjoy!
    [email protected]:) :) :)

9. The-CROW

The-CROW

Awesome, I'll try it right away.
    Thanks a lot, I realy appreciate the quick reply!!!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/577702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice