1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] IE6 and some web site problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Faithful one, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Faithful one

Faithful one Thread Starter

I have had a heck of a time trying to get this web site..never had probs before until today.
    I did spybot
    AVG scan and housecall and Adware6 THEN defrag in safe mode.

Is it the site or my sytem? It says cannot display page..will osmeone try the page and see if its me or just the site???

http://www.okaloosaschools.com/scripts/piv.exe

Thanks!
    Faithful One

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

What is the link supposed to be ?

I don't like the look of it, and I certainly am not going to click on it without at least an explanation.

steam

3. lola2001

lola2001

This link is pointing to an executable file. What are you trying to get to? The main page? www.okaloosaschools.com doesn't work either, seems to be the server is down or the main page has been deleted. If you know any links that were attached to the page you could try adding them after the main URL and see if other pages work.

4. Faithful one

I am sorry, I should have explained the site first..the link is to a school parent grade viewer...it tells you your kids grades, if they have been tardiy or absnet. I have been trying to get on it all day...maybe it is just down becuase it is midterms. Thats all it is.

I treid okaloosaschools.com and it didnt work either..I go to my Favorites and click on it and have never had trouble..maybe it is just the site!
    Faithful One

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

6. Faithful one

It is a parent viewer..maybe becuase it is midterms it is clogged..not sure! It is just frustrating HAHA!! Gotta check on the kiddos ! I guess I will keep trying! Thank y'all for your help again! You are awesome!

Also, is anyone IE6 slow today??? I am thinkin it is just me today HA!
    Faithful one

7. steamwiz

steamwiz

Faithful one

Thanks for the explanation

but when you see a link like that - it could have been a piv(virus).exe for all we knew.

Sorry to be alarmist - am I forgiven :( :D

steam

8. ~Candy~

steam, you're always forgiven with me.........as long as you answer my PMs first :D

I just did a quick google search on it ;)

9. steamwiz

steamwiz

Candy.....How is it you spend 90% of your time doing searches (well I do).... and then when you should do a search ...you don't ?

I am referring to ME by the way. :D

Sigh

steam

10. ~Candy~

Dunno.....usually I take a few people serious and just come in and zap the link...........for whatever reason this morning, I had google open and figured I'd plug it in......I have seen Faithful One's posts prior and didn't think she'd post anything dangerous ;) Now, a new poster.........different story ;)

11. Faithful one

Steam and ACACANDY!

Of course I wouldnt post anything dangerouse.....Heck look at my name HAHA! HEy I am just trying to check on kids grades and tardies hehehehe! Glad they didnt have this whenI went to school. Anyways, it works now..they were having web site problems internally!
    Have a great day! Thanks again!
    Faithful one

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice