1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IE6 Autocomplete form history

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wired4action, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wired4action

wired4action Thread Starter

I'm running W98SE with IE6.
    I have a few incorrect entries (specifically my e-mail address) that I mis-typed. The only problem is that every so often I select one of them in a small window (I try to remember to click on and check to be sure it's the right one- but every now and then I get in a hurry and choose the wrong one).
    There are also several that I just don't want to pop up anymore. I don't want to clear the entire AC entries file (thats easy enough) because of all the different places with passwords and such remembered will have to be re-entered manually. Sounds trivial, but I would love to be able to selectively delete items.
    After searching MS (and reading and learning WAY more than I need to Know) I finally came to a site that said you can't view the AC form history list. That's reasonable just because of the passwords and account info that you wouldn't want anyone else to get. I don't need to see the whole list- just lose the ones that I don't want anymore.
    Any ideas, or do I clear it all and start typing again? Which would really tick me off if I did it again in the future.
    Many thanks for any replies.

2. Augie65

Augie65

I don't use Autocomplete, but try this:
    When the drop down appears, use the down arrow key to highlight the entry and hit Delete. See if this will work.

3. wired4action

wired4action Thread Starter

Hey, Augie65, I guess sometimes things are so simple if you just ask somebody that you could just kick yourself- like when you can't see the forest for the trees. I'm busy searching Microsoft and all these tech sites learning all about how to re-write Windows and everything ekse under the sun and ALL I HAD TO DO WAS HIGHLIGHT THE ENTRY AND HIT DELETE!
    It works, and that just made my day. Ah, it's the simple pleasures in life that are the best.
    Well maybe when I kick myself it'll rattle my brain so I might think of something that easy for my next major problem.
    Many thanks for the reply and solution.

4. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice