1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IE6 start up page configuration

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Guy_tech, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Guy_tech

Guy_tech Thread Starter

Hi,

I use IE6 on XP Pro. I'm trying to set up a blank page as startup but whenever I open IE, MSN.com loads as default. Fix ?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try setting the homepage to:

about:blank

3. Guy_tech

Guy_tech Thread Starter

I've tried it but it doesn't work. The problem is with saving the settings when I close IE.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So it reverts back to the previous page? If so you may have some kind of browser protection enabled that has locked the homepage, Symantec products can do that as well as many antispyware/adware applications like SuperAntinspyware.

5. Guy_tech

Guy_tech Thread Starter

Yes, it keeps going back to the default page.

I have ZoneAlarm Pro, Bitdefender, SpySweeper and SnoopFree on XP Pro. Could it be any of these ? How do I solve my problem ?

6. Guy_tech

Guy_tech Thread Starter

Solved.

SpySweeper was preventing it.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad to hear, More and more apps offer this feature, some ask you what to do if they detect a homepage change and others don't.

8. Guy_tech

Guy_tech Thread Starter

I'm still having problems with the screen resolution and icon organization on the desktop. I switch to 1024x768 but when I reboot it goes back to 800x600. As for the icons, I organize them in a certain order but they keep going back to a previous layout. Is this still Spy Sweeper ? How do I keep my new settings ?

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No I think thats something different. The icons re-arranging probably has to do with the screen resolution changing. What is the name of the display adapter thats shown under Display Settings?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice