Solved: IE7 and Javascriipt errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobcox

Hi all

I am using IE7 on XP Home (SP2), I also work on website design using Dreamweaver and the XAMPP for Windows suite.

When browsing I am experiencing many website pages giving a status bar message (something like - ssd's law can't find one at the moment!!) "Loaded but with errors on page"

I have had a few JavaScriopt error whilst using Dweaver (cleared Dweaver cache to get rid of these)

Am I seeing something associated with security in IE7 or, as I suspect, have I got corruption in my set-up?

If the latter, any suggestions on correcting this?

Thanks

Bob

What spyware cleaners do you use?
What antivrus do you use?
How long have you had IE7 before this issue showed up?
Have you done a chkdsk?
How often do you defrag?

bobcox

HI schusterjo
Spyware - Ad-Aware, SpyBot (both run infrequently) and Windows Defender
Anitvirus - Norton 2007
IE7 time - not sure. I installed it around November, maybe noticed the javascript problem during Dec (sorry bit vague)
chkdisk - run just now no probs
Defrag - ermmm Nor frequent, last time maybe 4-6 weeks ago!

Sorry for all the questions but this is eliminating things here to find out what is going on.
Do you have the latest Java?
Do you have the latest macromedia?
Do you have the latest Graphics driver?
Do you have the latest motherboard drivers?

If you don't pls update them, and if you can tell us exactly what the error said that helps out a ton.

bobcox

Have latest Macromedia version
Drivers ok as far as Windows Update finds
Not sure how to check Java

Will advise error message when I get it again!!

Drivers ok as far as Windows Update finds
That does not work, windows update only puts generic drivers in.
You need to visit the manufacturers web site of the motherboard or computer (example: Dell, HP ext..)
If unsure pls post your complete computer specs here and we can help you get the latest drivers.
Not sure? then run
EVEREST Free Edition 2.20
Copy paste the info here.

Video card driver you need to get from
ATI
Nvidia

To get latest Java
Java download

bobcox

Thanks again

I'll work through your suggestions and get back to you in a couple of days.......I am being chased now to go to dinner (UK time!!)

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
If you just want to stop it, go to the control panel/Internet options/advanced and deselect the option to display script errors. You could also disable the two options for script debugging if you wish.

bobcox

Thanks both of you.

I have updated java.
After clearing cache in Dreamweaver, the javascript error in Dreamweaver have gone,,,,and now so have the error messages on IE.

So somewhere along the line, I have done something with your help to correct the problem.

Regards and thanks for help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online