1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IE7 Browser home page hijacked

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pikespeakbob, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikespeakbob

pikespeakbob Thread Starter

My home page WAS www.msn.com but it now is www.quest.msn.com and cannot be changed back using Internet Options. I've tried the following:
    1. Run CWShredder-didn't find anything.
    2. Restored to a date I thought was before this problem began-problem still there.

I'm attaching my HIJack this log in hopes that someone can spot a problem.

I'm using XPPro, SP3.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. pikespeakbob

3. pikespeakbob

Problem solved. About a week ago Qwest did some upgrades and changed the home page from www.msn.com to http://qwest.msn.com, it's basically the same page but looks different. I had suspected it might be a qwest or msn problem since it was happening on both of my PC's. There was supposed to be a notice sent to subscribers but I never received any notice via snail-mail or e-mail.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice