1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IE7 closes while playing a youtube video

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by M1928, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. M1928

M1928 Thread Starter

I recently started up IE7 the other day...I went to youtube's home page and then played a video. But when the browser was loading it supposedly crashed ( I think) or it just closed and it did not gave me an error message....I find it wierd because its supposed to give me an error message...??

So I tried again...And gave me the same flaw results...

I would really appreciate the help:)

2. antech

antech Banned

Try playing the video in Firefox..

3. realnovice1

realnovice1

i was having a similar problem regarding you tube on 3 different browsers, which i have now solved. i was following a thread called "cant download adobe flash player" and after realising that i might have problems with the flash player and shockwave, i decided to follow the uinstall recommended and re install both flash and shockwave .
    my thread is quite recent as is the other one i mentioned,so finding it is easy enough.
    you tube is now running, with no problems on all browsers.
    of course your problem might be something different but maybe this could help.
    as the name suggests i am no expert but gradually picking pieces of knowledge up.
    good luck

4. TOGG

TOGG

5. M1928

M1928 Thread Starter

That is true I have seen thoose threads before I put this thread and I belive thoose did not solve the problem.

Apreciate the help guys but for some odd reason my computer can now play youtube videos again.

:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!