1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: IE8 vs Firefox 3.6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by insight2bp, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insight2bp

insight2bp Thread Starter

Just got a new Dell Inspiron, dual core, gobs of memory, etc., and Windows 7 Home Premium with Internet Explorer 8. What's wrong? On some sites, IE does not show tabs to select an action. You may find the tab by hovering with the mouse and the tab will work, but it is invisible. What's going on? When I go to Firefox for the same site, the tabs are there and also more color and even sometimes other items. Do I have some settings bad in IE? Is IE that defective compared to Firefox? Who can enlighten and help me? Thanks much.

2. insight2bp

insight2bp Thread Starter

After digging, I found it was all my fault. Early on, I had wanted some changes to the colors being displayed in IE8, in particular the bright white screen bothering the eyes. So I had been led to Tools, Internet Options, General, Accessibility, where I had clicked "Ignore colors specified on web pages." I had no idea that could simply blank out items making them invisible, and I had forgotten about that setting when I started having trouble on some web sites. OK, it is now unclicked, and presto, all is visible and in color just like FireFox. Well, hope this helps someone else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice